Parenting as a Church Leader Watch Party
The Parenting as a Church Leader watch party is a unique opportunity to explore how to help your family thrive as you lead. We know that busy diaries make attending this kind of training in person tricky, so we've brought it to you!
You join with others virtually and discuss online through a closed Facebook group. As you watch each week's video, you’ll have the chance to reflect yourself, post comments, ask your own questions and respond to others. Rachel Turner will also be available for live Q and A after some of the sessions.
Who is it for?
It is for church leaders of any kind including children's, youth and family leaders, pastors, priests, elders, vicars, curates, leaders in training and their spouses. If you can, we'd really encourage you to watch with your partner, a supportive friend or others from your staff team so you can engage in some face to face as well as online discussion.
When you sign up, you will be asked where and in what capacity you are a church leader and asked to respect the confidentiality of anything shared within the group. This allows us to keep the group a safe space. If you've requested to join the group but haven't been admitted, please double check you have answered these questions.
How much time will it take?
It is an four session course and each session is between 35 and 55 minutes long.
When and where is it?
You can join from anywhere in the world. All you need to do is go to the Facebook group at the right time and you'll see a watch party video pop up.
The most recent watch party was on Friday 19 June from 9.30am - 2.30pm. Here was the line up for the day:
The next watch party will be run via Zoom in the Autumn. Dates and booking to be announced very shortly.
What's in the sessions?
Session 1 - Connected: finding ways to stay connected with your kids in the chaos of juggling leadership roles and parental responsibilities.
Session 2 - Prioritised: how to negotiate the church vs family tug of war well and ensure your kids know they are important to you even at the busiest of time.
Session 3 - Covered: exploring how to be a family in the goldfish bowl of church.
Session 4 - Empowered: empowering your kids to spiritually flourish in their connection with God at home and at church.
Where can I find support materials?
These notes will guide you through each session.
What does it cost?
We provide all of our online resources completely free as we never want finances to stop anyone from benefiting from it. If you or your church would like to partner with us, so that we can keep making content like this freely available, you can donate here.
Do I need a Facebook account?
Yes, you do. Here's how to get one. If you're not a social media fan, feel free to create one just for this and delete it once the course is over. You needn't tell anyone else it exists!
I'm more of a reader than a watcher. How else can I access this?
The Parenting as a Church Leader book covers everything in the watch party and much more.
Feel free to join the group and interact with others as you read the book. It will also shortly be available on audiobook too.
I am super busy, is it really worth my time?
Here's what some people who've done it, had to say:
- Excellent content, passionate delivery. Will certainly recommend to other leaders to benefit from it.
- Thank you so much, really great examples and obviously well researched wisdom and grace. Very applicable to a range of churchmanships.
- Fantastic sessions to equip me and make me feel like I'm not alone! Loads of practical but not super-spiritual advice! A great chance for my husband and I to take time out to reflect and take stock. Wish I'd invited people!
- This was really refreshing and interesting. I was worried it would be super cheesy but it was anything but. It was really practical and useful.
- Exactly what I needed – have felt alone battling the tricky situation of parenting as church leaders, been praying for help and then I heard of this training day! Thank you for organising this and sharing so much wisdom and experience. I also love the Parenting for Faith podcast and course. Nowhere else has this content.
How do I join?
Request to join the group, then answer the three quick questions that pop up.