The Forge Gathering is a residential retreat for local children's, youth and families' leaders (both paid and voluntary) hosted by Rachel Turner and the Parenting for Faith team.
The goal of The Forge is to provide time to:
- worship and reflect
- hear about new developments in children's, youth and families work
- learn from each other
- have fun together!
It's a fantastic opportunity to meet others working in the same field as you, and you'll leave with loads of contacts and some great new friends.
New for 2019: Forge North AND Forge South!
Forge South: 11 - 13 March 2019
Hill House Otterhampton, Bridgwater, Somerset TA5 2PT
Forge North: 11 - 13 November 2019
YHA Ravenstor Miller's Dale, Buxton SK17 8SS
£145 all inclusive
Booking will open early in the Autumn.
Sign up to our email list to make sure you get all the details straight to your inbox.
Highlights from The Forge 2018
A typical day at The Forge
- 8:00 am - Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Informal breakfast seminars to inspire you, featuring stories from churches around the country and what they've been doing this year.
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am - Worship
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am - Reflections led from the front
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Working groups - delegates meet together in small groups to chat through questions or ideas. Each delegate has one hour to spend as they want with their group - asking for help with curriculum, talking through a new idea, seeking wisdom, being prayed for - it's their time to use as they want!
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Lunch
- 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Free time, with optional activities provided by the centre
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Dinner
- 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm - Worship
- 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Reflections led from the front
- 8:30 pm onwards - Ice-cream, posh nibbles and games