The goal of The Forge is to provide time to:
- worship and reflect
- hear about new developments in children's, youth and families work
- learn from each other
- have fun together!
It's a fantastic opportunity to meet others working in the same field as you, and you'll leave with loads of contacts and some great new friends.
The next Forge gathering is
The Forge North: 11-13 November 2019
YHA Ravenstor Miller's Dale, Buxton SK17 8SS
£145 all inclusive
Sign up to our email list to make sure you hear about future events too.
Highlights from The Forge 2018
A typical day at The Forge
- 8.00 am: Breakfast
- 8.30 - 9.30 am: Informal breakfast seminars to inspire you, featuring stories from churches around the country and what they've been doing this year.
- 9.30 - 10.15 am: Worship and day briefing
- 10.30 - 11.00 am: Reflections led from the front
- 10.15 am - 1.15 pm: Working groups: delegates meet together in small groups to chat through questions or ideas. Each delegate has one hour to spend as they want with their group - asking for help with curriculum, talking through a new idea, seeking wisdom, being prayed for - it's their time to use as they want!
- 1.15 - 1.45 pm: Lunch
- 1.45 - 6.00 pm: Free time, with optional activities including outdoor activities, worship, games, seminars and the mind buffet
- 6.00 - 7.00 pm : Dinner
- 7.00 - 8.00 pm: Worship and teaching
- 8.00 - 8.30 pm: Reflections led from the front
- 8.30 pm onwards: Ice cream, posh nibbles and games