Types of training we offer
The Parenting for Faith team are available to lead different kinds of events. You can see our most popular options below, but if you can't see what you're looking for get in touch and we'll do our best to design something suitable for your context.
Who would you like to encourage and equip at your event?
Children's, youth and family leaders and volunteers who are supporting parents and carers
Parenting as a Church Leader Training Day
Being a church leader affects every part of our lives, including our children. We all want to be good parents and good leaders, seeing our children flourish spiritually and emotionally - but how can we do that well? Parenting as a church leader requires unique skills and choices, and it can feel a lonely journey.
To gather church leaders together to be encouraged and equipped on issues particular to parenting their own children in the context of church leadership.
£320 + travel + expenses
Options: You can keep your event private and use it just to resource the leaders in your network or make it public. If making it public, you are responsible for taking bookings and payment (if required) and providing lunch if you offer that. If you choose to make it public, we will advertise it via the BRF and Parenting for Faith websites which should increase the number of bookings you get.
What happens on the day
Hear the results of research, share your experience with others, talk honestly about your journey and hear from those who've walked this path before.
Through thinking about the four foundations church leaders' children need, we'll be exploring the parent vs church leader tension of living in the goldfish bowl, and discovering how best to position our children to flourish in their connection with God and with the church.
These days are open to all serving on church leadership teams and those training for church leadership.
9.30 - 10.00 Arrival and refreshments
10.00 - 11.00 Session 1: The four foundations church leaders' children need
11.00 - 11.30 Break
11.30 - 13.00 Session 2: The parent vs church leader tension in the goldfish bowl
13.00 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 15.00 Session 3: Helping our children spiritually flourish at home and church
Children's, Youth and Families' Leaders' Training
Anyone working with children and youth will have discovered how crucial it is to work with the parents as well, but it can be hard to communicate and engage well if we don't have the right tools to offer them. This half day training is suitable for any gathering of children’s, youth and families workers and key volunteers such as a Diocesan gathering or regional meet. It will introduce them to the key tools of Parenting for Faith and show them how to get the most out of them, in their context.
To equip them to help the parents and carers in their church to feel confident to spiritually disciple their children and give them the tools to do this.
£180 + travel + expenses
Options: You can keep your event private and use it just to resource the leaders in your network or make it public. If making it public, you are responsible for taking bookings and payment (if required) and providing a meal or refreshments if you offer that. If you choose to make it public, we will advertise it via the BRF and Parenting for Faith websites which should increase the number of bookings you get.
Example timetable (can run as a morning, afternoon or evening)
9.30 - 10 Arrival and refreshments
10 - 10.50 Why parents are so important and how we can equip them
10.50 -11.10 Overview of the five key tools of Parenting for Faith Part 1: Creating windows and Framing
11.10 - 11.30 Break
11.30 - 12 Overview of the five key tools of Parenting for Faith Part 2: Unwinding, Chat and Catch and Surfing the Waves
12 - 12.30 How to run a course, Q and A and Prayer
Running the Parenting for Faith Course
If you haven't already, the best way that you can encourage and equip parents and carers is by running the Parenting for Faith course.
To help parents and carers discover that they are perfectly positioned to show their children the reality of a life with God and to empower them to have their own vibrant two-way relationship with him. These eight video-based sessions can be run as a weekly course, weekend away or day event.
What to do
- Download the eight course videos (or choose to stream them online).
- Download the leader and participant handbooks, which give you everything you need to run a session and get the most from it.
- Pick a time and place to run it. See some ideas of what others have done here.
- Tell other people about it and invite them to come. You could play this trailer in your church or small group or share it with friends on social media.
- Tell us you're running it. We will pray for you and be on hand to offer any advice, support or additional resources you need.
If you'd like any help or advice, feel free to get in touch.
The following seminars are available as a one-off seminar or as part of another event. All seminars are an hour long (unless otherwise stated).
- Positioning for influence
- Verbal Framing
- Helping kids connect with church
- Unwinding wrong views of God (Child theology)
- Conversational Prayer (1 hour 30 mins)
- Prayer ministry for children
- Church Leaders
- Comfort in the Darkness - helping children who are afraid of the dark
- Parenting for Faith for teens
- Parenting for Faith for under 5s
- Parenting for Faith for Year 6s
- Parenting for Faith in partnership with RE
- Grandparenting for Faith
- Parenting for Faith for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Telling the whole story of the Bible - helping children to engage with scripture
- Parenting for Faith in the area of fostering/adoption
- Panel (please be aware there may be an additional cost for bringing in more speakers)
- How to be a culture that allows Parenting for Faith to Flourish
- Releasing kids in leadership in your church
- Gender wars - how do we address gender within our church
- Worship for Everyone - how to create multigenerational talks
- Telling the whole story of the Bible - helping families to engage with scripture
- Influencing church culture as a children’s, families or youth pastor when you feel restricted
- Creating a culture of Parenting for Faith from the front (for church leaders)
- Parenting a church - applying Parenting for Faith values to your whole church
- Running a Parenting for Faith course
- Applying Parenting for Faith principles in schools’ work and children’s and youth ministry