Keep up to date with upcoming events by joining our email list or browse below to see when we are next near you.
Bookable via the BRF website.
The Forge Gathering
The Forge Gathering is an annual residential retreat for children's, youth and families workers (both paid and voluntary) hosted by Rachel Turner and the Parenting for Faith team. This year, we are unable to meet in person but we are offering an online alternative on 9 - 10 November, via Zoom.
The Certificate in Parenting for Faith course in association with Cliff College will be available from this Autumn as an online course. Designed to stretch, inform and inspire those working in a professional or voluntary capacity with children, young people and families in churches, this course will equip you to successfully support parents and carers as they disciple their children and explore what parenting for faith might look like in your church and community.
Parenting as Church Leaders Days
We have created a training day especially for the unique challenge of parenting for faith when you're a leader in the church too.
Facebook Live events
For parents and carers
Our monthly free event for parents and carers is called Bedtime Drinks and happens on the teenth Monday of the month at 8.00 pm (under 5s), 8.30 pm (5-11s) and 9.00 pm (11+). We are running some extra events at the moment, to answer the questions you are asking around how to navigate spiritually parenting in these unusual times.
Our next events are:
- 16 Nov: Being a Christian when your friends and family aren't
- 14 Dec: Processing the past year
You can also join our Parents and Carers Facebook group to carry on the conversation, ask questions and share ideas.
For children's, youth and family leaders
Our monthly free events for children's, youth and family leaders is called Lunch with Rachel and happens on the teenth Wednesday of the month at 1.00 pm. Bring your questions and watch live from our Children's, Youth and Family Leaders Facebook Group.
Our next events are:
- 18 Nov: Spiritually resourcing parents of under-threes
- 16 Dec: Picking up the pieces
You can view the videos of all our previous Facebook Live events on our Facebook page.
- 3 November: Parenting as a Church Leader Training Day (via Zoom)
- 7 November: Nurturing the leader within children part of the Teach me to Teach training events by Manthano (online)
- 10 December: Faith Formation and the Family
- 1, 8, 15 and 22 March, 8 - 9pm: Parenting as a Church Leader Training Evenings (via Zoom)