Keep up to date with upcoming events by joining our email list or browse below to see when we are next near you.
Bookable via the BRF website.
The Forge Gathering
The Forge Gathering is an annual residential retreat for children's, youth and families workers (both paid and voluntary) hosted by Rachel Turner and the Parenting for Faith team. Our next events are:
- 9 -11 November 2020 at The Mermaid Inn, near Leek
The new Certificate in Parenting for Faith course will take place at Cliff College from 1 - 5 June 2020. Designed to stretch, inform and inspire those working in a professional or voluntary capacity with children, young people and families in churches, this course will equip you to successfully support parents and carers as they disciple their children and explore what parenting for faith might look like in your church and community.
Cost is £435 which covers all teaching materials, tutorial support, board and accommodation in single en suite rooms.
Parenting as Church Leaders Days
We have created a training day especially for the unique challenge of parenting for faith when you're a leader in the church too.
We will also be running the Parenting as Church Leader Day as an online watch party either as four evening sessions (27 April, 4, 11 and 18 May) or as a daytime event (19 June, 9.30am - 2.30pm).
Facebook Live Events
For parents and carers
Our monthly free event for parents and carers is called Bedtime Drinks and happens on the teenth Monday of the month at 8.00 pm (under 5s), 8.30 pm (5-11s) and 9pm (11+).
Our next event is:
- 17 Feb: Boyfriends and girlfriends
- 16 Mar: Making space for doubt
- 13 Apr: Everyday experiences
- 19 May: How to help your kids worship (on the Tuesday not Monday this month)
- 15 Jun: Disengaged or disinterested
- 13 Jul: Being a Christian when your friends or family aren't
- 14 Sep: Learning to let them go
You can also join our Parents and Carers Facebook group to carry on the conversation, ask questions and share ideas.
For children's, youth and family leaders
Our monthly free events for children's youth and family leaders is called Lunch with Rachel and happens on the teenth Wednesday of the month at 1.00 pm. Bring your questions and watch live from our Children's, Youth and Family Leaders Facebook Group.
Our next events are:
- 18 Mar: Hammering out a strategy
- 15 Apr: Framing from the front
- 13 May: Recruiting and equipping team
- 10 Jun: Dealing with difficult parents (a week earlier than usual this month)
- 15 Jul: Loneliness as a leader
- 16 Sep: Necessary endings
- 14 Oct: Giving kids and teens skills for ministry
You can view the videos of all our previous Facebook Live Events on our Facebook page.
- 19 Mar: NPI Vision Lunch, Manchester
- 23 - 25 March: St Padarn's MTh
- 4 Apr: Significant Conference, Coventry
- 25 April: Cultivating Hearts, Norfolk
- 6 May: Parenting as Church Leaders Day (Salvation Army), Peterborough
- 19 May: Parenting as Church Leaders Day (Salvation Army), Droitwich
- 17 Jun: Come and Worship, High Leigh Conference Centre
- 17 Jun: Parenting for faith in under fives and Parenting for faith in teens, Bedford
- 22 Jun: Parenting as Church Leaders Day (Salvation Army), Northern Ireland
- 26 Jun: Curry and Conversation as part of Cherish Ed conference, Leeds
- 26 Sep: Playtime Conference, Cardiff
- 2 Oct: Parenting as Church Leaders Day (Salvation Army), Inverness
- 3 Oct: Community of Faith: Family Ministry, The Vine Conference Centre, Dumfermline
- 14 Oct: Boost Conference, Emmanuel Centre, Westminster